Main Forum

Chat

6 replies
Votes:
+2
Untagged users
Flooding the chat with various messages can be annoying, although I would consider flooding the chat an variant of spam.
I'm not reporting anyone, just making a complaint about a rule or whatever mods call it to enforce it.
I was recently warned by Jr.Moderator KachowKapow for spreading my sentences, supposedly annoying other players.
There are 2 things to note about that.
1. Only choc said it was really annoying and that it was flooding the chat. The others said it would be annoying if done various times over the course of a day.
2. This opnion might be only my opnion or maybe others. There was no way to know due to the ammount of players within the network.

My opnion:
My opnion is that mods - staff should not tell a player to stop spreading their words or not making proper sentences. Even though its annoying to other players for some reason. It does not cause harm to the chat at all

The chat most of the time has a conversation or two going on if a player that spreads their word talks to another the conversation will be normal, and even so it wont flood the chat or make it impossible to type something. It will only be spreaded out. Plus warning players about that is a bit of a bad reason. Since most servers dont care about that even so the most popular server hypixel does not mute players for this reason, and theres a option for chat reports where mods - helpers from that server can look at the chat.

Spreading words should not be a punishable offense as it wont flood the chat or cause any harm. It can annoy players although if they are annoyed there should be a block option. If not them just close the chat.

Each player types, speak or do whatever with communications uniquely. And they should be let to do that freely. Each person understand english differently or doesn't understand it at all. Which I also disagree with others language not being allowed on the main chat as due to the fact it wont change much. And even so an chat filter being expanded to others languages that are mainly speaked such as spanish, french and etc.

Warning/Punishing a player for the way they type their sentences is idiotic and should not be allowed or should not be a reason for punishment by the staff team. It can be annoying although there are various options to ignore that player or not be annoyed. Only mass spreading like ''hey'' ''bro'' ''i'' ''found'' ''a'' ''infernal'' although things like this ''hey bro i found''
''a infernal''
In my opnion that should be allowed as it cause no harm at all. Thats my opnion and I'm not trying to instigate an argument or anything, im only making a suggestion about this.

(Btw I wanted to post it at complaints/reports/appeals or whatever but I thinked it should be put here sorry if I put it at the wrong channel)
-Signed Gas
Posted Jan 9, 19 · OP
Votes:
+38
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Community
Mod
Donor
Ok here is my take on the situation, if you are able to send your message on one thing it is better to do that then do each word as a separate message, it can be annoying for players and staff and make unessential clutter in chat. In my opinion I would try my best to keep everything in message if possible to avoid any further conflict it may cause in the future. No one would like and it would be inappropriate to make a simple fix a huge deal.

Hope you are having a nice day! -- Foxx
Posted Jan 9, 19 · Last edited Jan 9, 19 by [Comm.] DeadlyFoxx
Votes:
+2
Untagged users
Yea I try do that although, I only disagree that this situation can be punishable.
Posted Jan 9, 19 · OP
Votes:
+38
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Community
Mod
Donor
If many players are annoyed by it, it can be punishable. Just because you dont necessarily see it in chat dosn't mean players are not messaging staff privately.

Glad you will be trying this :) Best wishes
★·.·´¯`·.·★ DeadlyFoxx ★·.·´¯`·.·

Applied for Jr Community Manager - 09/03/18
Applied for Jr Moderator - 09/03/18
Promoted to Moderator - 09/10/18
Promoted to Community Manager - 10/05/18
Accepted to the Event Team - 11/19/18

Head of the Advancius YouTube Channel <3

★·.·´¯`·.·★ Social Media ★·.·´¯`·.·★

Discord: DeadlyFoxx#2912

Feel free to contact me if you have any concerns!

Posted Jan 9, 19 · Last edited Jan 9, 19 by [Comm.] DeadlyFoxx
Votes:
+61
Level 3
LEVEL 3
JrCommunity
JrMod
Donor
This is my opinion, I totally agree with Deadly, you were told to stop spreading out your messages a lot by Kachow but you kept doing it and were refusing to stop it and were answering back to him. While you say if it annoys players and they could just turn off chat, the players most likely wouldn't want to turn off the chat as someone might be talking to them etc. Please try and stop spreading out your messages so much.

Regarding your opinion on players speaking other languages in global, we ask them to speak in /msg as they might be saying really rude things and the majority of the staff on the team can only speak English, so there is no way in telling what they are saying easily.

-choc
★·.·´¯`·.·★ The Chocolate Frog ;)★·.·´¯`·.·★
discord: chocfrog#6214
Jr Mod
message me if you have any concerns
youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRgBnK1QanR1UQl5Wihe6YA?view_as=subscriber
Posted Jan 9, 19
Votes:
+2
Untagged users
Thats the solution I gave to being annoyed, an ignore command which alerady exists but need to be fixed.

And choc my other solution was to add an filter to those languages.
Posted Jan 9, 19 · OP
Votes:
+1
Online on Site
JrCommunity
JrStaffManagement
It's a simple fix. Keep you're messages in one message instead of spread out, by doing this you will not only prevent the possibility of annoying anyone in chat but wasting staff's time and having to warn you not to do it.

Trust me it's annoying when you talk back and argue about simple things like this. It's annoying when the chat is flooded with messages that can easily be written into one message. And at the end of the day there is absolutely no arguing with the staff. Doing this will just make you look dumb.

Please in the future just try to keep your messages together instead of spread out through the chat. It will make everyone's time on the server more enjoyable.

Thread locked.
Posted Jan 10, 19 · Last edited Jan 10, 19 by [JrComm.] choglime
Top Posters
NoticeNotices